Updated: Aug 9, 2020
Let me make one thing VERY clear...
Social Selling is not about using social media on its own.
Social Selling INCLUDES the phone, email, face to face and all other forms of communication. It is the combined approach that is working best in sales right now, whether it's B2B or B2C.
In this blog I'm going to share with you some of the most AMAZING Social Selling statistics that have been gathered from around the world to help show you just how powerful social selling is and how you can start to use it to your advantage.
Now we all know that statistics only represent a percentage of reality, however they provide very unique insight into some of the common themes and trends in the industry.
Lets dive into these statistics...
1) 90% of decision makers NEVER answer a cold call, but 75% of B2B buyers use social media to make purchasing decisions - LinkedIn
2) 82% of prospects can be reached “socially” via online networks - Inside View
3) 84% of C-level and VP-level buyers use social media for purchasing - IDC
4) IBM increased their sales by 400% thanks to their inbound social selling programme - HubSpot
5) 78% of salespeople using social media perform better than their peers - Smart Insights
6) Sales teams who embrace social experience report 18% more pipeline (volume) and 28% velocity increase - IDC
7) Salespeople leveraging social selling experience 31% higher ROI than those who stick to traditional tactics - HubSpot
8) 90% of the top sales professionals report that they use social selling tools - LinkedIn
9) 31% of B2B professionals said that social selling allowed them to build deeper relationships with their clients - Inside View
10) Social sellers gain 57% higher ROI from social selling vs 23% using traditional (cold calling, call lists, etc.) - SalesForLife
11) 98% of sales reps with more than 5,000 LinkedIn connections meet or surpass their quota - Sales Benchmark Index
12) 77% of B2B purchasers said that they would not even speak to a salesperson until they had done their own research - LinkedIn
13) Companies with consistent social selling processes are 40% more likely to hit revenue goals than non-social sellers - Sales For Life
14) 81% of buyers are more likely to engage with a strong, professional brand - LinkedIn
15) 62% of employees at large companies agreed that social selling enables them to build stronger, more authentic relationships with customers and prospects - IDC
16) 93% of sales executives have not received any formal training on social selling - Laine
There are some pretty awesome statistics in there and not many that I am personally surprised at.
Social media has had a huge impact on our lives and we all know how much social media has impacted the way we buy. This makes it no surprise at all that it has also had a huge impact on the way we now sell.
Here is the simple truth of it...
Your prospects and customers WILL be using social media.
For many of them, they will be active on it DAILY
Some of your prospects are MORE likely to reply to a LinkedIn message than answer a cold call
The key to success in sales is to use ALL tools together
What does scare me though is how many salespeople and businesses have done ZERO training on social selling.
This is why so many sales reps WASTE time on LinkedIn achieving nothing. This is why so many sales reps send SPAMMY LinkedIn messages that don't work. This is why so many companies and salespeople only post ADVERTS as content.
Would you like to learn how to get MORE from LinkedIn? More Leads, More Sales & More Revenue?
On Tuesday 6th October I am running the first-ever LIVE online LinkedIn Masterclass!!
This 2-hour webinar will cover everything you need to know to start generating more from LinkedIn from as little as just 15-minutes per day.
For more details and to secure your place, head to the event page right here.
If you're interested in generating better results from LinkedIn messaging please also take a few minutes to check out my book, "The Million-Pound LinkedIn Message" which is available on Amazon on paperback and Kindle.
The book shares the story of how one well-written LinkedIn message opened the door to what became a sale worth over £1,000,000. The book also includes 25 tried, tested, and proven LinkedIn messages and InMail sales templates to help you and your sales team send better messages and achieve far better results.
LinkedIn is vital for your business, yet most people are not using it effectively. The UK’s number 1 Social Selling expert, Dan Disney, solves this problem by showing you easy-to-implement techniques and tips that will make your Linked profile shines and help you generate more awareness and revenue for your business. I’ve read many LinkedIn books and this is my favourite. Don’t delay and buy your copy now to make a difference in your business.
Niraj Kapur, expert sales coach, and trainer and author Amazon bestseller Everybody Works In Sales
You can order it on paperback or on Kindle through Amazon right here
I hope you found this blog helpful and informative! If you enjoyed this post please do click LIKE and click SHARE to share it with your network, thank you.
Thank you again for taking the time to read this blog! If you enjoyed this post please click LIKE and click SHARE to share it with your network. If you enjoyed it please do take time to read some of my other recent posts:
About the author:
Daniel is currently delivering LIVE LinkedIn Social Selling virtual training sessions for businesses and salespeople around the world. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org