Let me make one thing VERY clear...#
Social Selling is not about using social media on its own.
Social Selling INCLUDES the phone, email, face to face and all other forms of communication. It is the combined approach that is working best in sales right now, whether it's B2B or B2C.
In this blog I'm going to share with you some of the most AMAZING Social Selling statistics that have been gathered from around the world to help show you just how powerful social selling is and how you can start to use it to your advantage.
Now we all know that statistics only represent a percentage of reality, however they provide very unique insight into some of the common themes and trends in the industry.
Lets dive into these statistics...
1) 90% of decision makers NEVER answer a cold call, but 75% of B2B buyers use social media to make purchasing decisions - LinkedIn
2) 82% of prospects can be reached “socially” via online networks - Inside View
3) 84% of C-level and VP-level buyers use social media for purchasing - IDC
4) IBM increased their sales by 400% thanks to their inbound social selling programme - HubSpot
5) 78% of salespeople using social media perform better than their peers - Smart Insights
6) Sales teams who embrace social experience report 18% more pipeline (volume) and 28% velocity increase - IDC
7) Salespeople leveraging social selling experience 31% higher ROI than those who stick to traditional tactics - HubSpot
8) 90% of the top sales professionals report that they use social selling tools - LinkedIn
9) 31% of B2B professionals said that social selling allowed them to build deeper relationships with their clients - Inside View
10) Social sellers gain 57% higher ROI from social selling vs 23% using traditional (cold calling, call lists, etc.) - SalesForLife
11) 98% of sales reps with more than 5,000 LinkedIn connections meet or surpass their quota - Sales Benchmark Index
12) 77% of B2B purchasers said that they would not even speak to a salesperson until they had done their own research - LinkedIn
13) Companies with consistent social selling processes are 40% more likely to hit revenue goals than non-social sellers - Sales For Life
14) 81% of buyers are more likely to engage with a strong, professional brand - LinkedIn
15) 62% of employees at large companies agreed that social selling enables them to build stronger, more authentic relationships with customers and prospects - IDC
16) 93% of sales executives have not received any formal training on social selling - Laine
There are some pretty awesome statistics in there and not many that I am personally surprised at.
Social media has had a huge impact on our lives and we all know how much social media has impacted the way we buy. This makes it no surprise at all that it has also had a huge impact on the way we now sell.
Here is the simple truth of it...
Your prospects and customers WILL be using social media.For many of them, they will be active on it DAILYSome of your prospects are MORE likely to reply to a LinkedIn message than answer a cold callThe key to success in sales is to use ALL tools together
What does scare me though is how many salespeople and businesses have done ZERO training on social selling.
This is why so many sales reps WASTE time on LinkedIn achieving nothing
This is why so many sales reps send SPAMMY LinkedIn messages that don't work
This is why so many companies and salespeople only post ADVERTS as content
When you and your team are ready to change that, pop me a message :)
About the author:
Daniel Disney is one of the world's leading Sales, Social Selling and LinkedIn experts. With over 15 years sales experience, Daniel has mastered how to use social media to generate exceptional results, both in social engagement and in revenue generated. His brand new Online Social Selling Masterclass Course is helping salespeople all over the world generate MORE sales with LinkedIn and Social Selling.
Daniel is also a highly in-demand international keynote sales speaker, is the UK's leading sales blogger and is also the Founder and Owner of LinkedIn's most popular sales publication, The Daily Sales. With an audience of over 450,000+ followers and growing by thousands each week, his content reaches millions of salespeople far and wide.
To inquire about Daniel keynoting or speaking at your company or event, or to find out more about his 1-day and online LinkedIn/Social Selling Masterclass please email firstname.lastname@example.org.